CONSULTING SERVICES FOR COMPANIES BASED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
Markinvest Oy is your Finnish partner for international business, whether you are based in Finland or anywhere else in the world
Markinvest Oy’s consultants have extensive business experience. Our company was founded almost 35 years ago, in 1985, and we have branches in Lahti, St Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod.
We have clients in Asia, Europe, North America and South America, and Sweden, China, India, Russia and the United States are just some examples of the countries our clients are based in.
Services for foreign companies
Markinvest’s specialist services cover all aspects of international business, including conducting an initial analysis, identifying trade partners in Finland and Russia, establishing a company in Finland, applying for the EAC certificates and marks required in Russia and obtaining the CE marking and other documentation required in the EEA. We also offer translation and interpretation services.
- Initial analysis
- Market research
- Board work
- CE marking
- EAC certification – Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Armenia
- EAC mark
1. Initial analysis: this service is meant for businesses that are interested in the Finnish and Russian markets, but do not intend to establish a company in Finland.
2. Market research/identifying partners in Finland and Russia: this service is meant for businesses with products that have potential demand in Finland and Russia. The service includes finding a retail chain, identifying direct customers, creating a marketing plan and arranging meetings and negotiations.
3. Board work: this service is meant for businesses that are in the process of establishing a company in Finland. All companies registered in Finland must have at least one board member who is an EU national.
Andrey Uvarov and Pekka Peltonen are both HHJ* qualified, and they can serve on the board of new companies.
*HHJ = Hyväksytty hallituksen jäsen (Approved Board Member)
It is important to bear in mind that the board is responsible for the activities of the company. The board’s annual calendar is an important tool that presents key events and dates in a visual form. Meeting minutes are written records that document decisions that are made.
4. The CE marking is the manufacturer’s declaration that the product meets the requirements of the applicable EU directives and that the product has passed the required inspections and tests (if applicable). The purpose of the CE marking is to facilitate the free movement of goods in the European Economic Area. The CE marking is compulsory for certain types of products sold in the EEA, including personal protective equipment (PPE), toys, machinery and electric devices.
5. The EAC certificate, technical passport, safety case documentation and test certificates ensure that the product can be exported to and sold in the Eurasian Customs Union (EACU). The EACU members are Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Armenia. Markinvest Oy has offered certification services since 1993.
6. The EAC mark can and must be used if the product has an EAC certificate or declaration.
Combine the best product with the best team
Companies create their own success, but Markinvest Oy’s experts can offer valuable insights and practical help when it matters most.
Pekka Peltonen, +358 40 900 0322, pekka.peltonen(at)markinvest.fi
Andrey Uvarov, +358 40 900 0320, andrey(at)markinvest.fi